Sunday, July 17, 2011

paint chip animals

A few months ago, I was inspired by this picture:

from cozylittlecave. I don't have stairs, so I had to think about what I could use paint chips for. Now, this blogger at cozylittlecave got a lot of negative comments about taking these paint chips for free, and she defended herself saying she told the people at Behr and home dept what she was doing and they were fine with it. I figured since she did all that legwork getting the ok from HD and Behr, I was good to go.
My first stop was Goodwill, where I picked up some frames, then to HD for the paint chips, then Target for some poster board.  I freehanded some animals on the poster board, then cut out them out. I arranged the paint chips on another paper (for most of them, I used the print that came in the Goodwill frame). Then I laid the animal cut-out on top. Like so:




If I were to do this again, I would get a paper cutter and paper from a craft store. This way it's less shady and it's not any additional work since even with the paint chips you have to do some cutting because they've got the name of the color printed on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment