Friday, July 22, 2011

Progress on the upholstry

I went back to work on the chair today! Guess what? It had been so long since I'd been there to work, I'd forgotten how far I had gotten last time. What a pleasant surprise to find this:


The first thing I did today was sew the cording. Then the teacher re-sewed it because I didn't do a very good job (it was my first time sewing cording-I'm learning).


Then we put the chair back together! It's getting exciting. We tightened the nuts and bolts and it's actually a chair again.

Then we moved to the arms. We put burlap over any gaps.


Then placed more cording around the arm. Next I stapled the fabric just under the cord. Then I had to go home because seriously, that -what you just read in a minute or less-took me 3 hours.
 Hopefully I'll actually finish the chair next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment