Thursday, May 17, 2012

Hey Lady, nice sweatshirt!

At work, everyone was given a staff sweatshirt for Christmas:


I've been giving a makeover to some. And here's more reverse applique fun for this one. First thing I did was cut the sleeves to 3/4 length, cut the neck into a slight V and cut off the bottom elastic.


Next I did the reverse applique. I had some leftover jersey from my dress and thought it would look nice with the hood fabric I picked and the blue of the sweatshirt.

I turned the sweatshirt inside out and laid the jersey over it


I wanted to do the reverse applique with my friend's name. Fortunately I remembered before I started that I would need to write her name in REVERSE to make it work. Then I sewed over the lines for the letters.


Next I flipped it over and cut off the inside of the letters exposing the pink under it. It wasn't easy to separate the blue from the pink, but I was careful.

I thought the letters look a little unfinished so I zigzaged around it.


Finally I attached the hood.


It needed something on the front, so I added a bird, of course!



Here it is on Hursta herself!!!

       


No comments:

Post a Comment